Friday, August 6, 2010

Spiritual Meditation Gathering

"Immerse yourself in an uplifting evening of powerful heartfelt call and response chanting, enlivening music and dance, interwoven with guided yoga breathing, and spiritual insights from Sacred yoga texts"

- followed by traditional Indian sweets, Chai tea and light refreshments.

Where: Hanalei Community Center

When: 6pm Most Sundays

What to expect? The evening of Kirtan begins with Breathing Meditation you can sit on a cushion or chair. Hand outs are provided so it is easy to follow along and join in when you feel comfortable. Wear whatever you will feel comfortable moving freely in.

contact us for
Ph: Radha & Gopal


808-821-1424

1 comment:

  1. Here's what People are saying about Kauai Kirtan's Kirtan Jam night from Craigslist:
    Sunday Jams report.... (Hanalei)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-08-09, 10:27AM HST
    Reply to: comm-rb57k-1889591891@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    I went to the Hanalei jam/meditation last night and wanted to let the community know what I found. Not knowing what this thing called Kirtan was, but reading something about a 'music jam'...I was interested...I play music, and am somewhat new to the island and have few outlets to play...after some pursuasion by a friend I decided to go...well, what I found was something I could never have imagined....honestly, if you love to play music you should give this a chance....Kirtan really primes the mind for the music...and once the music begins...its off the chain....the jam had a decent amount of players...I think as time passes and word gets out, its going to grow into the islands premier music night...if you play bass, guitar, harp, drums (hand or trap), sing, whistle, or like to dance....check this out...just writing this because I would have never gone unless my friend made me...so I'm gonna do the same for you ;) Aloha


    Location: Hanalei
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests



    PostingID: 1889591891

    ReplyDelete